- Crystal Reports History :
it was first released in 1991 by the Cunningham Group under titled (Quick Reports), then another version came up by (Seagate Software) in 1994 and that was until version 3.0, then automatically rebranded to a new product called (Crystal Decision) from version 4.0 to version 9.0 which acquired in 2003 by a company called (Business Objects) and they produced version 10.x, 11.x, 12.x until 2008. SAP acquired the application and produced (SAP Crsytal Reports 14) in 2011.
- Download :
Crystal Reports 4.6 can be downloaded from mediafire.com free server directly from here (Download), Crystal Reports 4.6 is owned by SAP company now by the way.
- After downloading :
You will find in the downloaded folder called [CR4.6+upgrade.rar] a folder with the same name contains these files in the following photo :
- Now, does your Visual Basic 6.0 supports working with Crystal Reports 4.6 ?
In order to answer this question you need to check whether your VB6 is updated to SP6 only this update will make Crystal Reports 4.6 and so many other controls included work.
To know if your VB6 is up-to-date SP6, simply open VB6 and see the (About Microsoft Visual Basic) section in the Help from menu, like in the photo below :
- Download Crystal Reports For Vb 6.0 For Mac; Crystal Reports Vb File. What is Crystal Reports for Visual Basic?Crystal Reports are called a business intelligence program, published by SAP AG, which are primarily intended for small to medium enterprises. The main feature set of Crystal Reports is the automatic generation of reports from various.
- With Visual Basic 6 there are two methods for developing reports. Reports can be created within the Visual Basic development environment by using Microsoft Data Reports, or by using the version of Crystal Reports included with Visual Basic by accessing Crystal Reports'.RPT file via the Crystal's ActiveX control.
- If you don't have the Service Pack 6.0 for Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 then you need to download it from Microsoft offecial website from this link the file is called Vs6sp6B and is free to download or from my Mediafire link for here. To install the latest SP6 update for Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Vs6sp6B, follow me now :
(1) Exit all the VB6 projects and Microsoft Office if opened.
(2) After downloading the file (Vs6sp6B ), create a new folder (Temp) in your (C:) drive
(3) Double-Click the (Vs6sp6B self extracted) file, and browse to the C:Temp folder and click (OK)
(4) Files are now extracted to C:Temp, open this folder and click on the file (setupsp6.exe)
(5) Follow the installation proccess until successfully installed.
(6) Restart your Microsoft Windows and you can now delete the ( C:Temp ) folder if you wish to.
- Now, when you open Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 you will notice that most of the Compnents are (SP6) updated successfully and you can see the SP6 as in the photo above.
- Now we can install Crystal Reports 4.6, follow me :
(1) Open the folder where we downloaded Crystal Reports 4.6, double-click on the file called (CRYSTL32 self-extractor), click (Yes) on the message appeared to you.
(2) You will notice another browsing box, if you have VB6 correctly installed on your Microsoft Windows then you will find the destination path is (C:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual StudioCommon), if not, then just copy this path and paste it in the browsing box.
(3) The installation proccess will start automatically and won't take time until you see this message (Installation of Crystal Reports has been completed successfully)
- To make sure that Crystal Reports 4.6 is successfully installed with Visual Basic 6.0, follow me:
(1) Open Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0, Standard EXE and see under the (Add-Ins) menu, you will find (Report Designer), now this is Crystal Reports 4.6 installed successfully with Visual Basic 6.0.
- One last step is to upgrade the Crystal Reports files using the (UpGrade) folder found in the [CR4.6+upgrade.rar] under titles (Crystal Reports 4.0) , you will find 3 DLL files, take a copy of them and paste it in this destination folder (C:Windowssystem32), when it asks (If you want to replace with old files), say (Yes) .
- Restart you Microsoft Windows for the last time. Now you have successfully downloaded, installed and upgraded Crystal Reports 4.6 on Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0
- Now, want to create a new crystal report to list all of the friends stored in the MS-Access 2003 Database table (Phones) , we can do that by :
(1) From our application project, navigate to (Add-Ins) choose (Report Designer), you will see the Crystal Reports 4.6 start-up screen.
(2) Navigate to (File) menu and choose (New)
(3) Choose the (Standard) report templete as in the photo below.
(4) Then choose our Database file (MyBook.mdb) from the browsing box, see photo below
(5) Click on (Done), it will take you to the (Fields) tap to choose the Database field you wish to include in your Crystal Report and don't include the Fpic field, see photo below
(6) The (Sort) tap, choose the (ID) field and click on (Next)
(7) Click on (Next) until you reach the (Style) tab, choose the standard style.
(8) Now click on (Preview Report), you will notice the table fields.
(9) Important, to correctly save the report, from (File) uncheck (Save Data with report) then click (Save As ...), choose a name for the report (Friends.rpt) inside your main folder (PhoneBook) ... see photo below :
(10) If you wish to design the report, it is easy to do, just design as you wish but remember to always save the report.
- When you open your project folder, you will notice a new file called (Friends.rpt), this is the report file, you can open it to edit it or design it, Crystal Reports 4.6 is a stand-alone application after all.
- To include Crystal Reports 4.6 OCX in your visual basic project, follow the photo below :
- Place this (OCX) on your form (Display.frm) and name the control OCX (CR) from the properties panel (Name property)
- Copy and paste the following code in the (CmdPrint Click()) event in your visual basic IDE :
This code will allow you to open the report and display the friends Data stored in the database table.
Visual Basic 6 with Crystal Reports on Windows 10. Jason Arnold asked on 2018-05-31. Crystal Reports; PC; Visual Basic Classic; 6 Comments. There are three download links. One for Crystal Reports Developer Edition and another for Crystal Report Run time. The runtime is available in both 32 bit & 64-bit editions. To Create applications using Visual Studio, you need to download and install the Crystal Reports Developer Edition for Visual Studio 2019.
- Now, save your application and test it. Try the (Print) button on the Display form, notice the friends Data are listed in the report.
Crystal Report connection with a Password protected DatabaseHow to connect a Crystal Report with a MS-Access or any Database that is protected with a password ?
A protected Database with password can connect with a Crystal Reports *.Rpt report using this code :
ByParth Patelon Feb 07, 2017
Learn how to install crystal report runtime and tackle visual studio error which requires crystal report runtime.
The SAP Crystal Report is the business intelligence reporting toolcurrently marketed to small business.You can design reports both in ASP.net environment as well as Windows Forms and WPF environment. In past, SAP changed its name many times and currently it is known as SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio. The reporting tool is free for developers to use it for development purpose only.
How to install Crystal Report Runtime
What is Crystal Report Runtime
To run Crystal Reports in .net environment using Visual Studio, you will need to install Crystal Report Runtime engine on Client Machine. This engine consists of libraries and functions which are needed to show the reports.
How to download
Crystal Report Runtime For Vb6 Download
Download Crystal Report runtime (Direct Link)
Below are the given direct download links which will install the crystal report runtime engine easily
Crystal Report runtime Support Pack 19 - Latest Version
- Windows Server 2016
- IIS 10 on Windows Server 2016
- Addressed over 10 customer Incidents.
Crystal Reports Older Version download
Support Pack 18
- Supports Visual Studio 2015 Update3
- Also support SQL Server 2014
- Support for SAP Sybase SQL Anywhere 17
- Addressed several customer Incidents.
Support Pack 17
- Support for Firefox ESR 45.
- Support for Office 2016.
- Addressed 10 customer Incidents.
- SAP HANA SP12.
Support Pack 16
- Support for Edge browser on Win 10.
- Support for Safari 9 on Mac OS 10.11.
- Addressed several Incidents.
- Support for HANA SP11.
Support Pack 15
Download Crystal Reports Developer Edition for Visual Studio
Crystal Reports For Visual Studio 2019 can be downloaded from the following link. This version will work on a version of Visual studio 2010 and above.
Older Version Crystal Reports For Visual Studio download links
Crystal Reports Version
Developer Edition Download
Service Pack 25
Visual Studio 2019, 2017,2015,2013,2012,2010
How to Install Crystal Report runtime
First of all, login in to your PC as Administrator and follow the below instructions.
Choose the same version of crystal report runtime as of Crystal report for visual Studio and if your operating system is 32 bit or 64 bit, choose the version accordingly.
Download the zip file of Crystal Reports Runtime from the above given links and unzip and double click on .msi file
Go to next
Accept the licence agreement and go to next
In case, your system have older version of Crystal report runtime, the installer will ask you whether to upgrade the version. Click next to confirm or cancel to cancel.
Follow the rest of the instructions which are basically bunch of next buttons and click finish at the end. This will successfully install crystal reports runtime in your system.
In conclusion,You can now run your crystal report application without any issues.
Maybe sometimes you need to include the crystal reports runtime in your application project. In that case, go to Official site to download Crystal reports wiki page and download MSM File. You can then learn to include MSM file from the following link Using Crystal Reports Merge Modules MSM to create a Setup project