ClockworkMod Tether is a USB tether solution for Mac, Windows, and Linux that allows you to use your phone's data connection to get internet access on your desktop or laptop.
- Tp-link Tether App For Mac
- Tp Link Tether App For Pc
- Tp-link Tether App For Mac Download Free
- Tp-link Tether App For Mac Download
And also the Interface is not at all User-friendly. For an instance, if you want to view the list of devices connected to your Tp-link router, you have to deal with these list of MAC addresses. The interface is not responsive and is almost impossible to use on a Smartphone browser.
But I found TP-Link Tether App, the best and convenient way to control and manage your TP-Link router from your smartphone.
What TP-Link Tether App can do?
This TP-link router management app can do most of the things you would need to manage your TP-Link Router from your palm.
- View and Block Clients/Devices connected to your router
- Reboot and Reset your router
- Parental controls – Block websites for a certain device
- Configure your internet connection, View SSID & password
Setup your router with TP-Link Tether
Before you setup, please check if your router is in list of compatible devices and make sure your router firmware is up to date, your device must have Android 4.0/iOS 7.0 and above
TP-link tether supported routers
- Archer C9, Archer C8, Archer C7, Archer C5, Archer C2, Archer C20, Archer C20i,Archer D9, Archer D7, Archer D2, Archer D20
- TL-WDR4300, TL-WDR3600, TL-WDR3500, TL-WR1043ND V3.0, TL-WR841N, TL-WR841ND, TL-WR740N V5, TL-WR741ND V5 and more to be added
Once your router is compatible and firmware is up-to-date, continue with the setup.
- Download the TP-Link Tether app for Android or iOS
- Connect your smartphone to Wi-Fi network of TP-Link router which you want to setup.
- Open the TP link tether app, it scans and displays your router. Tap on the router displayed and enter Admin Username and Password of your router.
(Note: This is not the Wi-Fi password, its the Router management password. If you haven’t set one, the default username & password is “admin”).
Tp-link Tether App For Mac
Once you login, you don’t have to enter your router credentials. Just connect to the same WiFi, open the app and Tap on your Router.
As you have setup your router with the app, let us see how to get things done.
View and Block/Unblock connected devices
Once you select your router, the first thing you see is the List of devices connected to your Wi-Fi network. The List consists of icons based on Device type and Device name.This way you can easily view who is connected to your Wi-Fi network.
If you find someone is connected without your permission, you can simple block them. Just tap on any device and then tap on “Block”. This will block them from accessing your internet connection.
Additionally, you can also change the Device name and type (Android, PC etc.) in this screen.
To Unblock any blocked device, tap on Settings icon, then Blocked Clients, tap on the device you want to unblock and tap on “Unblock”.
Setup your internet connection
Well, if you have got a new internet connection or had just reset your router, you have to re-configure your router with your ISP’s IP address, Gateway, and DNS servers.
You don’t have to PC to configure your internet connection, Just go to settings and then Internet Connection, enter connection details and tap on “Save”
Block Access to Harmful websites with Parental Controls
If you want your kid to access only certain websites, you can do so with parental controls. Its the most convenient way to stop your kid from accessing websites with inappropriate content.
This how you can use Parental controls:
- Just Go to settings > Parental controls and turn on parental controls.
- Tap on “+” present on the right side to Child list and select your kid’s device (it should be connected to wifi).
- Set the schedule, the days and time, that is when you want the Parental controls to be ON. And enter websites that you want to allow under “Allowed websites”. You can add as many as you want buy clicking on “+” icon, all others would be blocked.
View your Wifi details, Reboot/Reset your router
You can also do other simple things. Just go to settings and Wireless, and here you can see your Network name, Password and you can also disable the Wireless radio.
Goto System in settings and you can quickly Reboot your router and also Restore the settings to Factory defaults.
The Benefit of having a Wireless router is you can actually Copy-Paste text between your computer and Smartphone wirelessly
If you have a TP-Link router, I would strongly recommend using TP-link Tether app, you can easily manage your network with that.
Hope you like the article. Subscribe to our free newsletter to get more such articles.
TP-Link Tether is a smart way of controlling your range extender from PC. The app is a perfect companion for TP-Link Routers. Control the router settings easily from your desktop.
The application is easy to download and use. It is available on both Play Store and App
Store. Therefore, can be used conveniently on android and iOS devices.
The app is extremely simple to set up and use. Users can adjust the settings of the app and apply parental control. The app comes with plenty other features which makes it a great solution to have. Unfortunately the TP-Link Tethering is not available for PC yet. But obviously, there is a way around that issue.
Download TP-Link Tether for P(Mac)
- The utility tool is available for free on the App Store. Mac users can directly get the app from here with the help of an emulator.
- An emulator is a smart piece of software. It is a convenient way of emulating the interface of one device onto another. Therefore the emulator can be used to replicate the interface of iPhone or iPad on Mac devices.
- One of the best emulators for Mac is iPadian. It is a free and reliable software, specific for iOS devices. Download it from the official website of iPadian and get it installed.
- Once installed and launched, you will discover your PC to mimic the interface of your iPhone. Now search for the App Store and visit it.
- You will need to sign in the first time you visit App Store after installing iPadian. Sign in with your Apple Id and password. Search for the app in the search bar.
- Download the TP-Link Tether app and install it on your PC. The app should be ready for use.
Download TP-Link Tether for PC(Windows)
Tp Link Tether App For Pc
- TP-Link Tether app can be downloaded and used on Windows PCs simply with the help of an emulator.
- As it was discussed, an emulator replicates the interface of one device onto another. It can be used to run android apps of Windows computers without any glitch. For an emulator can successfully emulate the interface of a smartphone onto a desktop.
- The smartest emulator for Windows devices is Bluestacks. It is the perfect software to help run android apps and games on computers. Visit the official website of Bluestacks to get it for free.
- After Bluestacks has been downloaded on your device, find and install the software. Accept the Terms and Conditions and follow the installation process. The application will seek your permission to reboot your device before completing installation. This is a necessary step so allow it.
- Bluestacks will be ready for use after the restart. Launch the emulator and search for TP-Link Tether app. Click on the app to get in on your device.
- Once downloaded, find and install the app. You can now control your router remotely from your PC through this app.
- You can directly download it from here.
Features in the app
Tp-link Tether App For Mac Download Free
- When it comes to features, the app does not shy away. It has got lots of positives going its way.
- The most important aspect of any utility app is its interface. TP-Link Tether is a winner at that. The app has simple, user-friendly interface. It is easy to use and can be downloaded for free.
- The app is compatible with a vast range of Routers, xDSL Routers, Extender and Cable Modem Router. No matter the device you are using, control tethering remotely from your PC.
- The app allows you to change the settings of the router. This includes changing password and other security settings. Block off users not authorized by you or change the parental controls of your device. The app provides you with utmost control.
- The app also lists the entire browser history for you. This lends transparency to your internet usage. You can switch off or restart the router remotely without bothering to get up from your seat.
- The app allows you to control multiple TP-Link devices together, at the same time. And with the control residing with you, no one can share the network without your permission.
Control all the Wifi devices at your home or office with the app. It allows you to control them remotely from your Pc or smartphones. Create Guest Network for other people. The app is extremely easy to set up and provides monthly reporting. The parental controls within the app allows you create timer and keep track on browsing history.
The app does so much more than controlling your router remotely. Keep an eye on everyone using your network. Check out your connectivity and create a Guest Network. So that next time you do not have to share your password with every member of the network. Create a schedule and monitor exactly who shares your network.
The number of devices controlled by the app is huge. This versatility is a boon for the app. The app has a sophisticated interface and set up. It synchronizes with all EAPs on its own. Control and expel users from your network. Gain the Parental Control mode and utmost security with the app.